Friday, February 02, 2007

A Rainy Day. . .

. . .is good for recovering. We don't have the snow that the weatherman promised but it is cold and dreary with a drizzle. I've stayed in my chair in the family all day resting. I woke up again around 5 a.m. this morning and needed more pain medicine. Went back to sleep and got up a 9 a.m. I've been reading, catching up on emails, knitting a little, and watching TV. I'm still experiencing some vertigo but not as bad as before. I've had a few visitors today as well. Two of my coworkers, Robin and Paula came around 11 a.m. with food from the credit union. Tina, my Bible Study leader stopped by with some goodies from Panera Bread. Then, Kristina, our Latvia exchange student, came for a little while between her classes at Maryville College.

I asked Steve to put some ointment on my scar this afternoon and he counted my staples and stitches. I have 12 staples and 12 stitches, which is more than what I had last time. Steve said that Dr. Merwin had to use a different instrument for this second surgery when he made the incision because of my implant that I already have on the other side. Something about a certain type of electrical current that I'm not allowed to have near my head. . .

Flower delivery! Flowers came today from the credit union. Aren't they pretty?!!!

No comments: