Saturday, February 10, 2007

Activation Date!

I called Dr. Merwin's office yesterday and set up a date for my second CI to be activated. It will be "turned on" on March 1st!

It's cold here this morning. I'm making hot apple cider in the crockpot. Coffee and tea don't taste right so maybe this will warm me up today.

Yesterday I drove for the first time since my surgery. I had to drive Steve's car because Chris had my car (his car is still in pieces in our garage). I went to the bank, the drugstore (to develop the rest of our Latvia pictures), and Kroger. The best part about Kroger is that we have a Starbucks in there so I had a chai tea while I shopped. Got some valentine stuff to give/mail to the kids. By the time I got home, I was worn out! But, Steve took me out to eat at a local Chinese restaurant for dinner. I crashed in my chair while we were watching TV and went to bed early.

You'll never believe what happened to my car yesterday. Waahhh! Chris had gone to Nashville to get his back and knees X-rayed at the VA hospital. He was on his way home and some guy in a truck rear ended him as he was making a left turn. Chris is fine but my car isn't. I'm just thankful that no one was hurt.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh nooooooooo!!! Oh, Laurie!! I'm so glad Chris wasn't hurt, but your car!!
He went to get his back and knees X-rayed and had a wreck? I'm sure it didn't HELP the back and knees...
I'm glad you're getting out a bit! I got so crazy after the first week or so at home...I was ready to get out, no matter where we went :D Starbucks sounds good! :)
Love you, girl...

Jennifer said...

Oh, and March 1st will be here before you know it!! You will have almost 4 months of practice when we get to OK City!! :D :D :D Was this your "better ear" or your "worse ear" before your surgeries?

Laurie said...

Hi Jen! Yea, my car looks pretty pitiful. I asked Chris this morning how he was doing and he said, "fine." His back was already hurting from the drive so he couldn't tell if it was from the wreck or not. He was rear-ended (as a passenger) almost two years ago and didn't need this.

My ear that I just had implanted was my better ear before my surgeries.

Love ya too!

Mom said...

Gee that was bad luck with the car wreck. So sorry.

Sam said...

I'll be following your adventures especially since you like me, had the worser ear implanted first. I am leaning towards going bilateral end of this year, next year...or pretty much when the doctor tells me I can.
Sam

Mom said...

Laurie, check out my blog, I posted some new photos.