Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AMAZING GRACE!

It is hard to believe that the month of May is coming to a close.  The month of May is Better Hearing and Speech month.  Cochlear was doing their part by doing a Million Ear Challenge to increase awareness for cochlear implants.  Today I wrote a poem to the tune of "Amazing Grace" for the Cochlear challenge and thought I'd share it with you.  Amazing Grace has always been one of my favorite hymns and I just changed the words a little.  This poem is for my cochlear implant friends, the doctors and engineers, and dedicated to all those who went before us to make it possible to hear today.  And applies to all brands of cochlear implants, not just Cochlear. 

AMAZING GRACE

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sounds,
When Cochlear saved these ears of mine!
I fought to hear but now I can,
Was deaf but now I hear!

'Twas hearing aids that taught me to hear,
Enough to relieve my fears.
More precious was the world to me
The day new sounds appeared!

My surgeon promised good to me,
Said ears as good as new...
Cochlear implants are my guide and shield,
As long as life endures!

Through many trials, tests, and surgeries
I have already come.
'Tis faith has brought me sounds thus far,
And Cochlear will show me more!

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Still shining in a world of sounds
We've no less days to sing Cochlear's praise
The day we began to hear!

~written by Laurie Pullins/May 2011

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! If you dont mind im going to copy this for my blog w you name! See you soon cant wait to meet you.

Laurie said...

Danielle, you may share this on your blog. Thank you for the honor and mention.

See you soon!

Claire said...

You have an informative blog. I’ve learned something from it. I have mine too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com...thanks