Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lemon Juice, Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, Mouthwash, & Hard Candy

Lemon Juice, Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, Mouthwash, & Hard Candy - what do they have in common? Nothing, except that they make me feel better. My sense of taste is still "off" and I'm down 6.5 pounds. I feel like I have a salt block in my mouth. I'm told this is only temporary. What a way to lose weight. Coffee and tea are my favorite drinks and I cannot enjoy them right now. So, I make hot lemonade instead. I put about a tablespoon of lemon juice in a mug with sweetener and pour hot water over it. I'm still struggling with nausea and vertigo but Pepto Bismol seems to keep that at bay. The Tylenol is taking care of the pain in my head and I'm ready for the staples and stitches to come out on Thursday. Hard candies help to get rid of the salty taste in my mouth.

Went to church on Sunday morning and back to work yesterday. Tonight was Bible Study. Am taking it slow and easy but I tire quickly. But, I'm glad to be out of the house!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't lose any weight...I just plowed on through ;) I hate that everything's still yucky and salty for you...thankfully, mine went away, but I don't remember exactly when...several weeks out.
I hate that you can't enjoy your coffee and tea, though...it's the little things that mame ya feel better :( ((((HUGS))))

Mom said...

Yes, I remember being very tired for a few a weeks after my surgery. Your body is doing a lot of work to heal your wound from the surgery.
You're making me very thirsty talking about lemonade. I stay thirsty though. I can hardly get fluids down because they make me throw up. Getting pregnant is a sure way for me to lose weight.
I hope both of our sicknessess go away very soon.