Thursday, August 17, 2006

Response #2

I replied to Aetna's first response to me asking how long I can expect to wait for a determination on their part since they had received the pre-authorization request from Dr. Merwin. Here is their second answer:

"This is in response to your recent inquiry regarding the time frame involved in a preauthorization. The preauthorization time frame can vary depending on if all the appropriate medical information is received on the initial review but generally can take up to 30 business days. Once our review is complete you and all parties involved will receive a letter with our determination."

I KNOW that Dr. Merwin sent the preauthorization sometime this past spring which was March or April. This is August. It has been MORE than 30 days. Go figure. Now is the time to let them know I'm still here and waiting "patiently." Romans 8:25 says, "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

On a different note, went to A/V therapy today. I hadn't seen Susie in a month because she was on vacation and then I've been gone. We worked on s and sh sounds (did better on those) and m and n's. Still have trouble telling the different between words like me - knee, mat - gnat, mood - nude, moose - noose, etc. Susie says that there is a slight difference in the pitch between the m and n and that I will eventually get it. She also read me some stories and I did almost perfectly on those. It just gets better and better and takes time, practice, and repetition.

No comments: