Saturday, August 19, 2006

Insurance Update

I'm currently in Ohio visiting my family for a family reunion. Tried to call home this morning to find out how things were going but got the voice mail instead. I decided to go ahead and put in the password to listen to messages and the first one was from Dr. Merwin's nurse, Teresa, which was received on Thursday afternoon after I left the house. I understood enough to know who was calling and that it was about my second implant, insurance, a letter and something about next week. She had a lot of information and was talking too fast. I saved it because I didn't want to miss ANY of the message or get it wrong and wanted to have another chance to listen to it. Then had my sister, Kathy, call back to find out what exactly was said in the message. Teresa said that they had an answer from the insurance company but did not know if it was a "yes" or a "no" and that a letter was on the way. It will arrive sometime next week. She also said that if our request was denied that they would continue to appeal on my behalf. So, that is progress. When I get home, I'll be able to read her message on my CapTel phone and fill in the parts that I didn't understand. So, we do have some news - just don't know if it is good or bad. Keep praying!

This is my last "trip" for awhile so when things settle down, I'll be able to write more. Went to a family reunion today and it was VERY NOISY! We have a lot of relatives that love to talk and they all talk at once! But, I asked the family to sing our family song, the Doxology instead of the prayer before we ate and it was so pure and beautiful to my ears. We sang it again before the evening meal. God is so good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

No comments: