Thursday, June 05, 2008

Karen's Bionic Voyage

I have a new "CI-to-be friend" and I would like to introduce her to you. I've been emailing with her for the last couple months and she is a real sweetheart. We've been trying to get together for several weeks but our schedules haven't worked out. I finally met her and her husband in person last night for the first time. My friend, Susan, connected us and she joined us, too. We had so much fun and talked for several hours. Her name is Karen and she is getting her first CI next month. She is excited and nervous and has a million questions, which I am happy to answer. She is witty, smart, funny and has a great sense of humor! I encouraged her to start a blog so that she could document and share her story. She will have you laughing and crying at the same time. I'm sure of it! Go check her out here!

4 comments:

David said...

Thanks for this post, I visited her blog and so enjoyed

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie, thanks for the WONDERFUL introduction. I appreciate it so much. I've already had people comment and check out the blog b/c of you! Thank you for all your help. You are GREAT!

Jennifer said...

I am on my way to visit her now! Any friend of yours, I know I'll love :)

Shari said...

You are doing your job well to advocate and encourage people with the CI option.

Will go and check out her blog. :)