Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Holiday blessings to all of you who read this blog. I thank you all for being part of this big picture that we call "life." We all are here for a reason and have a purpose. I do not have much time to write but will try to do some updates soon. I have not felt well these last two weeks and have been trying to just get the things done that need to be done. The tree did get put up shortly after my last entry. Brad's girlfriend, Jessica, was a Godsend and came over that evening and helped me. It is little things like that that tell me that God is always working in our lives and puts people in our paths when we need them the most. We have family coming in for the holidays and all four of our children are home. There have been some adjustments here going from a clean, quiet house to one that has a revolving door! But, it is all good and we love sharing our home with others.

Steve and I are leaving on the 28th for Latvia. I absolutely cannot wait to get on that plane and just SIT! We will be there for two weeks to open our office there and hire two people to run it. We started our own business last year called Horizon Energy Group. Steve is his own consultant and primarily helps utilities and power companies upgrade/modernize their systems. I don't know what all he does but I do know that people like him (I like him, too!), he is VERY good at what he does and has more work coming in than he can handle. We do need an office in Europe somewhere so we chose Latvia because of our special connection there. I will have a laptop with me and my camera and will take pictures. I hope to find time to post them here and write about our trip.

Note to family and friends who are waiting for our annual Christmas letter - it will be late!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Laurie, honey, you sound as pooped as I am. I know you will enjoy your nice, long, quiet, still plane ride!!
I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. You have been such an encouragement to me this year, and I just love you to death :) I hope we can get together again next year!!
Have a joyful holiday season!!