Thursday, November 30, 2006

10,000 Steps

Well, the Christmas season has started and as usual, I'm not ready. But, I'm just going to take one day at a time and do what I can. My stress level is quite high right now and I've noticed that my ears ring almost every day. My ears usually don't ring unless I'm tired or stressed. The Christmas cards and letters haven't been started, the tree isn't up yet, decorations are still in their boxes, nothing has been baked, etc., etc., etc. . . . I'm still trying to declutter this place and have taken two loads to Goodwill already this week. I've been averaging a load a week. I've gone to bed after midnight every night, which is unusual for me. (I still have to be up at 6 a.m. to get ready for work!) Last night I worked in the basement clearing out a room to make a bedroom for Chris (he *lost* his room four years ago when he left home for the Marines and I need to put him somewhere, especially with guests coming for the holidays.) I bought a cheap carpet at Lowe's, swept the floor, and set up a bed. Also cleaned out alot of junk! He worked on it today and is slowly organizing and moving his things in. He has a TV at the end of the bed and is playing a video game as I write! I think he likes his new space!

I've been trying to de-stress by walking every day with the dogs after work and am doing pretty good so far. I wear a pedometer all day and make sure I take 10,000 steps a day. Today as I walked the dogs, I savored the warm fall air and noticed the decorations on my neighbors' houses. It was really quite peaceful. I do miss hearing the birds, though. I tried to listen for the owl again last night but heard Marissa's tires on her Jeep on the road about 1/4 mile away instead! Tomorrow I will go Christmas shopping ALL DAY until I get it done. I'll walk more than 10,000 steps for sure!

No comments: