Friday, March 16, 2007

A Blogging Meme

I normally don't do *meme's* (don't even know what it stands for) but thought I would do this one. This one came from my new friend, Jules.

What made you start blogging? I started as a way for my family and friends to check in on my updates when I first started my cochlear implant journey. It was going to be too time consuming to write emails every time I had something to say. I also wanted to be able to keep track of my progress. It has evolved to other tidbits of life, which includes a separate blog for my *book,* knitting, and favorite recipes.

How many different hosts have you tried? Just one - Blogger. I'd like to try SquareSpace because I've heard that it is a great way to organize all my blogs.

How long did it take you to figure out how to install items in your sidebar? A few months. I started visiting other blogs and saw their *stuff* so I began to experiment. But, I'm not brave enough to make HUGE changes.

Do you blog on a desktop or a laptop? Usually with my laptop.

PC or Mac? Always on a PC.

What’s your biggest blogging “don’t”? I don't blog from work. Always do it from home or when I travel. Not to violate my own rules when commenting on other people's posts. To treat others like I would like to be treated. And I try to be positive, not negative.

What’s your favorite blogging topic? I really like to share my faith and how it is related to my hearing journey. But, I know that there are readers out there who have their own belief system. I have a great respect for the space and freedom of other people. But, I am not perfect. My faith journey is like a really good piece of candy and I just have to share it!

What’s your biggest blogging frustration? Not having enough time to post my thoughts and they are gone or not as good when I do sit down to write. Also, I'd like to have more comments but am afraid to ask for them. . .I don't know who is reading my posts or what they think.

What’s been your biggest blessing from blogging? The friendships and connection to others with hearing disabilities. We share the same trials and frustrations of trying to survive in the hearing world. It warms my heart when someone writes to me and tells me that I've inspired them or made a difference in their lives. Also, meeting friends in person that I've met online!

3 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Laurie,

I commented on your knitting blog, and thought I'd come check this one out too. I'm so glad I did!

Our oldest daughter has bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. She gets great benefit from her hearing aids. I will be reading your archives to find out more about your journey.

I'm so glad you clicked over to my blog because now I've found yours!

Blessings!

Sam said...

I like the new layout! Keep on blogging...I enjoy reading your posts and especially interested in your going bilateral.

Mom said...

I think "meme" means --me me me--..all about me..get it?