Saturday, June 11, 2005

Still Waiting. . .

I know I haven't posted in here for awhile. I had my last appointment over a month ago and am still waiting for the insurance to give approval for the surgery. I've learned a lot about patience this last month! I keep checking the insurance website and they have processed and paid for all of my claims. The letter from the Dr. was sent to the insurance at the same time so we know they have all the information that they need. The Dr. had told me that it would take 3-4 weeks and that I would get my letter of approval the same time he did. No letter has arrived yet. We may need to call the insurance company next week to do an inquiry.

I did go ahead and got a meningitis vaccine last month. When I called the Dr.'s office, they said that I didn't need to have it before surgery but that it would be a good idea to have one. So, that is done and out of the way. Didn't hurt too much. My arm was sore for a few days.

I'll write more in a few days. A lot has been going on family-wise. My dear father-in-law (Steve's dad) passed away on Memorial Day. Kids are home from school and people are constantly coming and going. We sure have a different pace during the summer! Will be going on vacation to Hilton Head soon. I'm looking forward to some R & R and hopefully some peace and quiet.

No comments: