Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pre-Surgery Notes

I'm having a quiet Saturday morning. It's my favorite time of the week. Riga and I picked blueberries this morning and I have a blueberry/raspberry pie in the oven as I write this. I love stillness and peacefulness because it gives me time to meditate and think as I putter around in my kitchen.

The phone rang awhile ago. It was Baptist Hospital asking Steve if they could speak with me about my upcoming surgery. Steve started to tell them that I couldn't hear very well on the phone but didn't go there. Some people just don't think or understand why they can't talk to me on the phone when they call and ask for me! The hospital wanted to ask me some questions about my medical history, allergies, etc. so Steve relayed for me while I was rolling out my pie crust. Surgery day is only three days away! I have been waiting a very long time for this moment to come and now it’s right around the corner!

I'm going to start packing my hospital bag today and make a list of phone numbers for Steve or Dawn to call for me. Last night when Steve came home, he said "You've been 'nesting' again!" when he saw that I had rearrange the family room. I haven't been completely happy with the arrangement of our new furniture since we bought it six months ago and figured that if I was going to spend most of my time in there next week, I better get it arranged the way I like it. It looks a lot better now and I'm hanging new curtains in there this afternoon.

No comments: