Monday, February 02, 2009

A New CI Friend

I continue to advocate and support others with hearing loss on a weekly basis and would like to introduce you to Becky! She emailed me a few weeks ago asking for advice on going bilateral since she already has a cochlear implant. To make a long story short, I met her in person last Wednesday night at a CI Support Group meeting and found her to be a delightful person, as well as her husband. And we connected right away. There is something about having an "immediate" connection with someone who has a hearing loss and knows what it is like. Becky's hearing journey and history is very similar to mine (diagnosed early, wore hearing aids all/most of our lives, mainstreamed in the hearing world, etc.) I encouraged her to start a blog about her journey so she can tell her story. . . .

Go HERE and give her some encouragement and support! (I also added her to my sidebar on the right)

No comments: