Sunday, November 20, 2005

What Am I Thankful For?

Our local newspaper asked readers to write a small paragraph on what they were thankful for so I submitted a short poem. . .

* (Sing to the tune of ``Raindrops on Roses'')
Sweet nothings from my husband, kind words from children,
Sounds of birds singing, leaves rustling in trees.
Coffee percolating and raindrops that fall...
These are a few of the sounds
That I'm thankful for.
Because I am hearing them for the very first time...
After receiving a cochlear implant
Just a few months ago!

Laurie Pullins, Maryville

1 comment:

SooZ said...

This tune is so sweet. I recognize that "Raindrops on Roses" comes from my all around favorite movie, Sound of Music. How lovely that you created this.

"These are a few of my favorite things." I am so encouraged.

=)Suzie